Be part of the team that ensures a world-class experience for everyone interacting with the Mindvalley tech ecosystem. Join the team if you are looking for a Product that you love and that will also bring an impact on the way humanity learns.
Mindvalley builds businesses that innovate on transformational education for all ages, through mediums that range from digital publishing, educational technology, online learning, mobile apps, content, events and more. We stand for ideas that enable people to be extraordinary and impact lives. Founded in 2003 by Vishen Lakhiani, we are a team of 200+ people from 40+ countries, working across a wide range of inter-related businesses that are dedicated to pushing humanity forward through reforming global education.
You'll be exposed to some of the best knowledge, people, and resources available anywhere. Mindvalley is considered one of the top places in the world to work and has been written about in magazines, articles and on TV.
About the Role
As a Product Manager for e-commerce and payments you will own, manage and optimise the systems and processes which enables our customers to have a painless purchase experience. It will also enable our business to expand from 3 to 100 countries, to include not only B2C but also B2B markets (schools, organisations) and to allow our team to innovate on business & payment models by building a scalable world-class payments ecosystem.
The ecosystem includes systems related to billing, payment gateways, optimisation of checkout experience, cancellations and refunds.
We are looking for a master of teamwork and cross-functional collaboration to deliver features and enhance the experience of our customers in e-commerce and payments related products.
- Manage infrastructure for payments, billing, collections, pricing, product catalogs, and accounting.
- Own the payments product lifecycle from research and requirements, gathering through development and release.
- Ensure that we have correct financial and revenue reporting.
- Ensure that user and product identity is correctly defined in in the pipeline.
- Understand the latest trends in payments and data infrastructure and be an expert on payments systems to our Operations & Finance team.
- Coordinate deliverables and collaborate with cross-functional teams not only within technology but also of other departments (such as marketing, technology, and customer support) to make the best strategic decisions and investments.
- At least 3 years of Experience in Product Management in software development
- Important to have understanding how finance and accounting work, to manage the subscriptions ecosystem
- Experience of working on eCommerce and payment solutions is a plus
- Hands-on experience of software development with a team
- Working experience in interdisciplinary teams
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent Command of the English Language, both written and spoken
- Marketing-oriented mindset
- Familiarity with software development basic principles
- Familiarity with the SCRUM methodology and Agile Development in a plus
- Experience of working with feature teams is a plus
Tech at Mindvalley
Due to the unique environment that Mindvalley has in terms of having its own ecosystem of applications that support the business, working with us in a technical role is a great challenge.
We generally look for attitude over aptitude when it comes to technical skills, a history of proven execution and excellent root cause analysis problem solving skills are things that we value highly.
We predominantly build apps with an nginx, Unicorn, Ruby, Redis and PostgreSQL architecture on Linode so experience with any of these will be valuable to us.
The technical ecosystem is both interesting and broad covering systems that deal with:
- Payment processing (both check-out and backend)
- Media streaming (live and repeated)
- Serving websites to large audiences (high concurrency)
- In-house customer service tools
- Financial reporting
- Shipping & logistics
- E-mail handling (sign-ups, cohort analysis etc)
- Authentication, identification & user data collection/analysis
- In-house Textile based CMS for large number of sites
Any technical role will provide a good mix of development work, systems thinking, problem solving, business analysis with a large dose of teamwork.
We run functional teams based on the SCRUM methodology and are a fairly Agile environment, with 2 week sprints and teams with a minimum of 2 developers (preferably 3) plus a Platform Owner. Sprints cannot be interrupted and work is planned out well in advance to keep stress down to a minimum.
We have a focus on scalability, stability and code quality and we use tools such as Circle-CI and Code Climate to help with that.
Other stuff we do/you will encounter:
- Line by line code reviews for every pull request on Github, this maintains code quality and keeps everyone in the loop & learning.
- At least 2 people working together on every project (collaborating not pairing)
- Full test coverage for everything important
- Constant learning (we have learn days, and unlimited book budget, conference/training budget etc.)
Your application must include:
In Mindvalley, we are creating technology that delivers transformational education and learning experiences for over three million students worldwide at this moment. Our ambition is to scale to one billion users and our technology team is at the forefront of this vision. The objective is to create a Platform to Accelerate Human Transformation and as Product Manager you will directly contribute to that vision.
- Your resume in PDF format. Include links to work samples such as software, designs, or writing you have created so we can see proof of your talents.
- Your video cover letter. Record yourself speaking in a 3-minute video and upload it to YouTube. Tell us about your mission in life and how you grow yourself each day on the path towards it. How does Mindvalley fit into that journey?