We are looking for a Product Manager who will be responsible for Mindvalley’s Omvana App. As a Product Manager you will be responsible for delivering next-generation personalized, experiences in meditation.
Mindvalley builds businesses that innovate on transformational education for all ages, through mediums that range from digital publishing, educational technology, online learning, mobile apps, content, events and more. We stand for ideas that enable people to be extraordinary and impact lives. Founded in 2003 by Vishen Lakhiani, we are a team of 200+ people from 40+ countries, working across a wide range of inter-related businesses that are dedicated towards pushing humanity forward through reforming global education.
You'll be exposed to some of the best knowledge, people, and resources available anywhere. Mindvalley is considered one of the top places in the world to work and has been written about in magazines, articles and on TV.
We are a passionate group of people from all over the world who believe meditation has a transformative effect on the mind. Omvana is our way of getting meditation to the masses.
We know meditation is the ultimate life hack. Omvana was created so people all over the world have access to meditation right at their fingertips. Our core technology and custom back-end process allow us to serve content through dozens of apps on iTunes, Android and on the web for transformative education.
The secret source of all our apps is our advanced technology platform, Overmind. This platform allows us to serve up amazing content on iPhone, Android and on the web. Additionally, our publishing team has been active in signing up 100s of authors to add amazing content daily.
About the Role
In this role you will be responsible for crafting and executing the long and short-term vision through conducting user research, analyzing the competition, understanding key product metrics in order to curate the ultimate meditation experience for our community.
- Craft, drive and execute the overall vision of Omvana with the relevant stakeholders
- Grow the number of users and other key metrics based on the vision and goals set
- Lead the development team and various stakeholders on making the product vision a reality as a Product Manager
- Work with various teams in terms of growing Omvana (such as marketing, technology, and customer support) to make the best strategic decisions and investments
- Curate the meditation tracks on the Omvana platform and ensure that we deliver only top-notch content for our community
- Continually monitor competition and industry developments to deliver mobile features that provide Omvana customers with an exceptional experience
- Align Omvana's content and communication strategy with Mindvalley's overall marketing strategy, foster connection between the Omvana user base and the Mindvalley community
- You have to be in love with meditation. Deeply familiar with a variety of meditation practices - you should be knowledgeable or have a keen interest in both traditional practices and cutting-edge meditation innovations
- Successfully launched and grown a tech product in the past
- Strong understanding of mobile technologies as well as mobile consumer usage and shopping behaviours
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Able to effectively manage and communicate with a variety of stakeholders from various backgrounds and fields
- A knack for writing and engaging an audience by sharing your experiences and stories
- Excellent Command of the English Language, both written and spoken
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, cross-collaboration and team skills
- Excellent proficiency in Product Management
- Proven marketing and analytical capability and the ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment!
Your application must include:
- Your resume in PDF format. Include links to work samples such as software, designs, or writing you have created so we can see proof of your talents.
- Your video cover letter. Record yourself speaking in a 3-minute video and upload it to YouTube. Tell us about your mission in life and how you grow yourself each day on the path towards it. How does Mindvalley fit into that journey?