If you were taking the microwave apart when you were 5 years old, you are fascinated by how things work and you are driven to fix them and make them better. You have a passion for technology in all forms, hardware, software, networks, wireless, audio visual gear, microphones, projectors - absolutely everything then this role is made for you!
Mindvalley builds businesses that innovate on transformational education for all ages, through mediums that range from digital publishing, educational technology, online learning, mobile apps, content, events and more. We stand for ideas that enable people to be extraordinary and impact lives. Founded in 2003 by Vishen Lakhiani, we are a team of 200+ people from 40+ countries, working across a wide range of inter-related businesses that are dedicated towards pushing humanity forward through reforming global education.
You'll be exposed to some of the best knowledge, people, and resources available anywhere. Mindvalley is considered one of the top places in the world to work and has been written about in magazines, articles and on TV.
About the Role
Your core responsibility is to keep the office running at optimum capacity at all times, this covers a whole variety of devices and hardware including the office access system (fingerprint scanner), projectors, networking equipment, Macbooks and much much more.
You must have a solution oriented mindset and be willing to go the extra mile (also service oriented) as our employees will be your clientèle.. You are a good team player but also excel at taking care of problems on your own and figuring out the best way to do things.
- Be part of the team and help out on the daily operation tasks
- Maintain, configure, and provision Macbooks for the entire workforce (feel free to look into configuration automation solutions like Puppet/Chef)
- Organise, maintain, and keep track of everything we have in our office (including software licences & hardware peripherals)
- Aid with on-boarding of new hires (training, setup access to systems etc)
- Document everything and create new processes to streamline everything
- Automate whatever you can for scalability
- Assist with purchasing (including research/suggestions/verify) on IT/AV/Network equipment
- Assist in operational issues where necessary (office access systems, admin task, paper work, and other non-technical office equipment)
- Assist with AV setup for internal or external event in the office
- At least 1 year of prior experience in a similar role in a fast-paced environment
- Well versed with hardware maintenance, preferably experience with the full range of Apple products
- Experienced in software troubleshooting (including OS and software)
- Some understanding of computer networking (routers, switches, wifi)
- Able to adapt quickly and solve new unseen problems
- Good interpersonal, communication & presentation skills
- Very, very well organised
- Proficient research and analysis skills
- Basic spreadsheet skill (Numbers, MS Excel, Google Sheet)
Your application must include:
- Your resume in PDF format. Include links to work samples such as software, designs, or writing you have created so we can see proof of your talents.
- Your video cover letter. Record yourself speaking in a 3-minute video and upload it to YouTube. Tell us about your mission in life and how you grow yourself each day on the path towards it. How does Mindvalley fit into that journey?