As the Head of Learning, you are responsible for continually crafting the vision for the learning strategy for Mindvalley. You must be obsessed with personal growth, its related theories, and keenly follow global trends.
Mindvalley builds businesses that innovate on transformational education for all ages, through mediums that range from digital publishing, educational technology, online learning, mobile apps, content, events and more. We stand for ideas that enable people to be extraordinary and impact lives. Founded in 2003 by Vishen Lakhiani, we are a team of 200+ people from 40+ countries, working across a wide range of inter-related businesses that are dedicated to pushing humanity forward through reforming global education.
You'll be exposed to some of the best knowledge, people, and resources available anywhere. Mindvalley is considered one of the top places in the world to work and has been written about in magazines, articles and on TV.
About the Position
The Head of Learning is a member of the Executive Team at Mindvalley and drives the program development initiatives, overseeing the operations of the following four teams: Mentoring (subscriptions), Learning Experience Design (course creation), Tribe Dynamics (community building and outreach), and Learning Innovation (research and development).
The right candidate possesses advanced knowledge of both traditional education models (ADDIE, Constructivism, Behavioralism, Cognitivism) and transformational education models (Wilber’s Integral Theory, and the work of experts such as Mezirow, Marx, Beckwith, as well as an understanding of NLP and/or other ontologically-based learning modalities). The Head of Learning has a strong background in curriculum design, and basic knowledge of technology and its relevance in online learning. Individuals with a basic understanding of marketing, and skills in graphic design and/or writing, will be given extra consideration for this role.
The Head of Learning must be a visionary thinker. In this high-visibility role, the right candidate will liaise regularly with Execs, Managers and the entire Mindvalley Team to oversee and communicate on behalf of the entire department. As such, the right candidate will possess impeccable communication skills.
- Work with Exec Team to continually craft and drive forward the vision for Mindvalley
- Research, study, and train continually in all facets of transformational learning in order to understand where the future of learning is headed and remain always at the forefront of innovation
- Liaise and connect Mindvalley to new strategic partners to design and implement future learning initiatives
- Co-visionary of Learning Learning Strategy with Vishen and the other subteam heads in Learning.
- Representation of Learning Strategy in company weekly leadership meetings, quarterly strategy meetings and other strategic meetings
- Communicate Learning strategy to Exec+Vishen, across different subteams in Learning and the rest of Mindvalley through all official channels
2. Team Management
- Oversee the final curriculum designs for programs
- Accountable to OKRs for Learning overall and ensure all subteams have their own aligned OKRS
- Communication and Coordination - includes daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly cadence of meetings to keep coordination of the different subteams smooth
- High Performance Positive Culture within the super team
- Performance and well-being support for the subteam leaders
- Salary, Hiring, and other HR related activities for the team
- Budget and Learning schedule planning with the subteam leaders and Vishen
The majority of the work of this role is in coordination, communication, and supporting/co-envisioning with the Sub-Team leaders to achieve their objectives and keeping the health of the team very high
Some management and administrative work is obviously expected, as the sub-team leaders will be reporting to this role. Feedback 360s, Performance reviews, and salary reviews are some of the management duties that fall under this role.
- Strong understanding of content, knowledge of how to deliver a training using words, images, audio & video, and an understanding of how to create engaging content.
- A visionary thinker, obsessed with constant innovation
- Leadership skills: Must possess exceptional interpersonal, project management, and problem-solving skills. As a leader you operate as a switchboard, not a bottleneck. You are open to feedback, able to take criticism, and involve the input of others in the decision-making process
- Deep understanding of traditional and transformational learning models
- Impeccable communication skills, verbal and written
- An insatiable thirst for learning, improvement and personal development
- Must possess exceptional interpersonal, project management planning, and problem-solving skills. You have a high adaptability quotient. You are resourceful in the face of challenges.
A keen eye for detail
- Resourceful and innovative with a strategic mindset
- Flexibility and adaptability when priorities change
- Understands traditional learning models: ADDIE, Constructivism, Behavioralism, Cognitivism
- Understands the science of transformational learning
- An understanding of new technology and how tech can influence or deliver more effectively a training
Your application must include:
- Your resume in PDF format. Include links to work samples such as software, designs, or writing you have created so we can see proof of your talents.
- Your video cover letter. Record yourself speaking in a 3-minute video and upload it to YouTube. Tell us about your mission in life and how you grow yourself each day on the path towards it. How does Mindvalley fit into that journey?
- A sample curriculum or course outline. We want to know the way you think and organize content, so send us something you have created in the past that will make you shine!