As one of our Learning Experience Designers, you are responsible for the content of Mindvalley’s courses. You work with authors and different teams across Mindvalley to ensure it is well-organized and in line with Mindvalley's brand and standards.
Mindvalley builds businesses that innovate on transformational education for all ages, through mediums that range from digital publishing, educational technology, online learning, mobile apps, content, events and more. We stand for ideas that enable people to be extraordinary and impact lives. Founded in 2003 by Vishen Lakhiani, we are a team of 200+ people from 40+ countries, working across a wide range of inter-related businesses that are dedicated to pushing humanity forward through reforming global education.
You'll be exposed to some of the best knowledge, people, and resources available anywhere. Mindvalley is considered one of the top places in the world to work and has been written about in magazines, articles and on TV.
About the Position
Are you so passionate about personal growth to the point of it being an obsession? Do you want to be on the forefront of changing the global education? Do you strongly feel that your purpose in life is to empower and inspire others to unleash their fullest potential? Then this is the job for you.
We create self-improvement courses for the mobile generation. We believe that extraordinary is an aspiration instilled within each and every one of us. We just need to be encouraged to unleash that potential, so we can eliminate limiting beliefs that are hindering us from pursuing our dreams and adopt a powerful mindset that unlocks a life that we are truly capable of living.
As part of the Learning Experience Design Team, you’ll get to learn more about personal development than anyone else. You will also have access to the personal development courses already on our platform.
The most enjoyable part of being a Learning Experience Designer is that you'll get your creative juices flowing every day, creating innovative and holistic personal development courses for the world -- everything from Business to Spirituality to Fitness.
You will also get to work with the biggest authors in the personal development industry. Just try not to get star struck.
- Develop a strong understanding of the author, competition, industry, marketing goals and objectives of each of the programs you work on.
- Coordinate program assets production and ensure deadlines are met (video, audio editing, image design).
- Create content for online programs: training materials, exercises, and workbooks.
- Produce onsite copy, product descriptions, guides and other content as required.
- Writes engaging email copy for customer email journeys and notifications.
- Responsible for uploading course assets to publishing platform at quality standards.
- Responsible for optimisation of the content on different platforms (metadata, video markers, checklists, closed captions, etc.)
- Distils and organizes content in a user-focused way which engages, motivates and leads to real-world action.
- Quality Assurance
- Strong understanding of content, knowledge of how to deliver a training using words, images, audio & video, and an understanding of how to create engaging content.
- The ability to think like an educator, intuitively understanding what the learner needs to know and what is the best way to consume it.
- An insatiable thirst for learning, improvement and personal development.
- Strong research skills, critical and analytical thinking.
- Creative, organized, proactive and innovative.
- Must possess exceptional interpersonal, project management planning, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to take direction while working with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- A keen eye for detail, strong communication and leadership skills.
- Engaging writing and strong editorial skills.
- Resourceful and innovative with a strategic mindset.
- Flexibility and adaptability when priorities change.
- Basic understanding of design & visual communication.
- Basic knowledge of marketing.
- Basic editing skills for audio and video editing. Willingness to learn new skills.
Your application must include:
- Your resume in PDF format. Include links to work samples such as software, designs, or writing you have created so we can see proof of your talents.
- Your video cover letter. Record yourself speaking in a 3-minute video and upload it to YouTube. Tell us about your mission in life and how you grow yourself each day on the path towards it. How does Mindvalley fit into that journey?
- A sample curriculum or course outline. We want to know the way you think and organize content, so send us something you have created in the past that will make you shine!