We are looking for the best wordsmiths out there for our team to craft written content that transforms the life of our community of millions. As our Content Writer, you will be the written voice of Mindvalley on our blog and on various social media channels.
Mindvalley is developing an online university for all ages focused on transformational education. We create online courses and organize real world events including a rotating campus that moves from city to city. We produce programs in every area of transformation including mind, body, and performance.
We’re expanding to schools bringing transformational education to schooling systems around the world. Our team is dedicated to ensuring that the human race lives happier, healthier, and more fulfilled lives by plugging in the gaps that modern education has failed to teach us.
We do this with the latest learning technology including our platform called Quest which has 500% better completion rate than traditional online courses. Besides, recruiting the world’s greatest teachers, and by producing world-class quality filming and design for our education programs.
Our team of 200+ people is from 49 different countries, working across a wide range of interrelated businesses that are dedicated to pushing humanity forward through reforming global education.
If you join us, you'll be exposed to some of the best learning resources, talents, and growth opportunities. Mindvalley is considered one of the top places in the world to work and has been written about in magazines, articles and on TV.
About the Role
This role is made for you if ...
- You know how to convey transformative ideas and marketing messages in a simple but impactful way to different audiences
- You can translate our core brand values and emotions into words that leave our online audience speechless
- Writing is like second nature to you and you are always hungry to learn more
- You are passionate about personal growth and you want to wake up every day helping people become a better version of themselves
- You resonate with our mission to build a school for humanity and you are ready to join our global community to make it a reality
- You are able to deliver high quality work in a fast moving environment and create your piece of art in collaboration with others
- You are able to receive and implement feedback efficiently and work well with different personalities
- Writing various types of articles on a wide range of topics for our blog
- Ghostwriting for other distribution platforms including Medium or LinkedIn
- Providing constructive feedback to other contributors
- High level of proofreading and editing for written content
- Contributing to long-form content projects that require thorough research
- Writing creative copy for our blog, web pages, and social media channels for brand campaigns
- Acting on data and constantly looking for ways to improve the quality of our content
- Coordinating with other teams to uplevel the UX, design, and structure of our blog
- Maintaining our content library and working closely with other teams leading search engine & conversion rate optimization and content distribution on social media channels
- Growing our blog reader base, converting visitors into leads, and expanding our blog's overall reach
- 3+ years of active writing / blogging experience
- Familiarity with personal growth content
- Experience at an advertising agency or as a freelance writer preferred
- Marketing and ad copywriting experience preferred
- Impeccable grasp of the English language (IELTS and TOEFL scores preferred)
- Can write copy independently (with little or no guidance) using guidelines and examples
- Highly experienced in ghostwriting
- Highly experienced at proofreading & editing
- Have past experience of writing various types of content - articles, infographics, video scripts, interviews, social media posts, etc.
- Able to write thought-provoking copy for brand campaigns
- Independent ability to perform market research
- Understands buyer personas and can tailor tone of voice accordingly
- Understands how online communities work and what motivates them
- Understands the science and psychology behind writing effective headlines
- Has solid knowledge of content marketing principles (psychological triggers)
Blogging Platform Knowledge
- Detailed knowledge of top blogging platforms (Wordpress or Hubspot), Plugins, Formatting, Optimization, User Interface and design
- Ideally trained in the use of Buzzsumo and Google Trends
- Intermediate knowledge of Google Analytics: Understanding performance metrics for blog posts, able to track performance through UTM links, ability to use data to see trends and improve the overall quality of writing
- Ability to conduct interviews and gather information from first or third party sources
- Involved in active social listening and writing content around it
- Ideally, you have previously worked in an editorial role and have experience in content campaigns, content curation, and production
Your application must include:
- Your resume in PDF format. Include links to work samples such as software, designs, or writing you have created so we can see proof of your talents.
- Your video cover letter. Record yourself speaking in a 3-minute video and upload it to YouTube. Tell us about your mission in life and how you grow yourself each day on the path towards it. How does Mindvalley fit into that journey?