In this role, you will have knowledge of Mindvalley's different publishing platforms and be in contact and direct communication with potential and existing authors and speakers who are part of Mindvalley ecosystem
Mindvalley builds businesses that innovate on transformational education for all ages, through mediums that range from digital publishing, educational technology, online learning, mobile apps, content, events and more. We stand for ideas that enable people to be extraordinary and impact lives. Founded in 2003 by Vishen Lakhiani, we are a team of 200+ people from 40+ countries, working across a wide range of inter-related businesses that are dedicated towards pushing humanity forward through reforming global education.
You'll be exposed to some of the best knowledge, people, and resources available anywhere. Mindvalley is considered one of the top places in the world to work and has been written about in magazines, articles and on TV.
About the Role
In this role, you will have knowledge of Mindvalley's different publishing platforms and be in contact and direct communication with potential and existing authors and speakers who are part of Mindvalley ecosystem.
Author Relations team is responsible for bringing the best authors and speakers in the field of personal growth on board across different channels of Mindvalley - podcasts, quests, events, interviews, apps, etc. Often, starting as a speaker, they become a premium author within Mindvalley ecosystem. It is crucial for any new author/speaker to have an impeccable support when it comes to understanding contracts and being supported throughout their Mindvalley journey
- Work closely with Mindvalley's Legal Advisor (support drafting and tweaking contracts if needed, revisit clauses, archive all legal documents related to the authors and speakers, etc).
- Direct communication with potential and existing authors and speakers with anything contract, royalty payments or logistics related as needed (answer questions, explain contracts, etc)
- Communicate with author/speaker’s lawyer or official representative.
- Work with the author(’s team) and Mindvalley’s Films team to coordinate logistics for film shoots (coordinate hotel, flights and transportation of the author as well as reimbursements)
- Being the central link between authors and Mindvalley’s finance and Program Development teams regarding author contracts and payments (manage contracts, answer questions, ensure alignment, follow-up on sales reports, etc)
- Excellent communication and public relations skills
- Ability to coordinate complex logistics for filming production
- Excellent ability to pay attention to detail
- Ability to draft, review, update and explain contracts (at least basic legal knowledge &skills would be very valuable).
- Organisation and time management skills
- Knowledge of personal growth industry
- Good at building relationships
- Ability to present information in an effective manner
- Good problem-solving skills
Your application must include:
- Your resume in PDF format. Include links to work samples such as software, designs, or writing you have created so we can see proof of your talents.
- Your video cover letter. Record yourself speaking in a 3-minute video and upload it to YouTube. Tell us about your mission in life and how you grow yourself each day on the path towards it. How does Mindvalley fit into that journey?
Deadline to send your application is Sunday, July 14, 2019.