We are looking for a passionate, proactive, and talented individual to craft written content for our community of millions. As our Senior Content Writer, you will sustain and develop the company's voice across all written content.
Mindvalley builds businesses that innovate on transformational education for all ages, through mediums that range from digital publishing, educational technology, online learning, mobile apps, content, events and more. We stand for ideas that enable people to be extraordinary and impact lives. Founded in 2003 by Vishen Lakhiani, we are a team of 200+ people from 40+ countries, working across a wide range of inter-related businesses that are dedicated towards pushing humanity forward through reforming global education.
You'll be exposed to some of the best knowledge, people, and resources available anywhere. Mindvalley is considered one of the top places in the world to work and has been written about in magazines, articles and on TV.
About the Role
This role is for you if ...
- You know how to present ideas in a simple, straightforward manner so it appeals to readers across different age groups
- You understand a company's core brand values and emotions and convey this effectively through your writing
- Write with originality, personality and style to engage your readers
- You live and breathe writing and are always hungry to learn more
- Are able to deliver high quality work in a fast moving environment
- Are able to work well with others — both intra-team and inter-team — and respond to and act on feedback in a timely manner.
- Writing various types of articles on a wide range of topics for our blog
- Writing for other distribution platforms like Medium
- Providing feedback to other contributors, and editing other writers’ content.
- Optimizing content for search engines and lead generation.
- Contributing to long-form content projects
- Contributing to creative copy for blogs and web pages for brand campaigns
- Conducting analytical projects to improve blog strategies/tactics.
- Growing blog subscribers, converting visitors into leads, and expanding our blog's overall reach.
- 4+ years of active writing / blogging experience
- Online writing experience preferred
- Marketing and ad copywriting experience preferred
- Impeccable grasp of the English language (IELTS and TOEFL scores preferred)
- Can write copy independently (with little or no guidance) using templates and examples.
- Highly experienced in ghost-writing
- Highly experienced at proofreading & editing
- Have past experience of writing various types of content - articles, infographics, video scripts, interviews, social media posts, etc.
- Able to write thought provoking copy for brand campaigns
SEO & Market Research
- In depth knowledge of SEO: Keyword Research, Google Keyword Planner, Back linking, Ah-Ref's
- Independent ability to perform market research, ideally: Trained in the use of Buzzsumo, Trained in the use of Google Trends
- Understands buyer personas and can tailor their writing accordingly
- Understands how online communities work and what motivates them
- Understands the science and psychology behind writing effective headlines
- Has solid knowledge of content marketing principles (psychological triggers)
Blogging Platform Knowledge
- Detailed knowledge of top blogging platforms (Wordpress or Hubspot): Plugins, Formatting, Optimization, User Interface and design
- Intermediate knowledge of Google Analytics: Understanding performance metrics for blog posts; Is able to track performance through UTM's; Ability to use data to see trends and improve the overall quality of writing
- Ability to conduct interviews and gather information from first or third party sources
- Involved in active social listening and writing content around it
- Ideally, you have previously worked in an editorial role and have experience in content campaigns, content curation, and production.
Your application must include:
- Your resume in PDF format. Include links to work samples such as software, designs, or writing you have created so we can see proof of your talents.
- Your video cover letter. Record yourself speaking in a 3-minute video and upload it to YouTube. Tell us about your mission in life and how you grow yourself each day on the path towards it. How does Mindvalley fit into that journey?