Mindvalley builds businesses that innovate on transformational education for all ages, through mediums that range from digital publishing, educational technology, online learning, mobile apps, content, events and more.
We stand for ideas that enable people to be extraordinary and impact lives. Founded in 2003 by Vishen Lakhiani, we are a team of 200 people from 40 countries, working across a wide range of inter-related businesses that are dedicated towards pushing humanity forward through reforming global education.
Tech at Mindvalley
Due to the unique environment that Mindvalley has in terms of having its own ecosystem of applications that support the business, working with us in a technical role is a great challenge.
We generally look for attitude over aptitude when it comes to technical skills, a history of proven execution and excellent root cause analysis problem solving skills are things that we value highly.
We predominantly build apps with an nginx, Unicorn, Ruby, Redis and PostgreSQL architecture on Linode so experience with any of these will be valuable to us.
The technical ecosystem is both interesting and broad covering systems that deal with:
- Payment processing (both check-out and backend)
- Media streaming (live and repeated)
- Serving websites to large audiences (high concurrency)
- In-house customer service tools
- Financial reporting
- Shipping & logistics
- E-mail handling (sign-ups, cohort analysis etc)
- Authentication, identification & user data collection/analysis
- In-house Textile based CMS for large number of sites
Any technical role will provide a good mix of development work, systems thinking, problem solving, business analysis with a large dose of teamwork.
We run functional teams based on the SCRUM methodology and are a fairly Agile environment, with 2 week sprints and teams with a minimum of 2 developers (preferably 3) plus a Platform Owner. Sprints cannot be interrupted and work is planned out well in advance to keep stress down to a minimum.
We have a focus on scalability, stability and code quality and we use tools such as Circle-CI and Code Climate to help with that.
Other stuff we do/you will encounter:
- Line by line code reviews for every pull request on Github, this maintains code quality and keeps everyone in the loop & learning.
- At least 2 people working together on every project (collaborating not pairing)
- Full test coverage for everything important
- Constant learning (we have learn days, and unlimited book budget, conference/training budget etc.)
About The Role
As a QA Engineer, you will likely have more than 2 years of relevant industry experience. Your role requires collaboration with the product owners, product designers, and software engineers to implement quality measures into our development sprint cycles to achieve our quality goals and collaborate with developers to perform high quality manual and automated testing. You will be creating a QA strategy for the teams, holding workshops and teaching the teams about QA techniques, and imbuing the team with confidence for testing ownership. It is essential to be a team player, a thinker, and have an open mind for constructive but supportive feedback.
- Collaborate with Product Owners and customer (if available) to define the user stories and form quality-driven conditions of satisfaction (acceptance criteria).
- Collaborate with developers in creating test-oriented code and implementing a whole-team approach when it comes to quality/testing, for example, teaching TDD and implementing pair-programming and pair-testing sessions.
- Create, execute and maintain the developer's checklist, QA checklist, test strategy, test release plans and test cases documents.
- Analyse the requirements/designs and prioritise testing activities.
- Develop, maintain and execute the automation scripts in a continuous development environment.
- Validate and document completion of testing and development.
- Along with the development team, create and maintain a quality-oriented definition of done.
- Find bugs, defects, and regressions.
- Will to work in agile and scrum environments.
- Ability to work on a self-organized team, where your tasks are coordinated with teammates rather than having tasks assigned to you.
- Constant thirst for learning and improvement.
- Have the passion and hunger to figure out new technologies and to continuously enhance your own skills.
- Ability to communicate in a team environment
- Knowledge and test of APIs in large-scale distributed systems a plus.
- Experience testing web and mobile application.
- Capable of writing clear, concise and comprehensive test strategy, test plans and test cases.
- Strong knowledge of Jira as a reporting tool and confluence for maintaining the QA artifacts.
- Strong knowledge of test management tools using 'Zephyr'.
- Strong knowledge of types of software testing (black box, functional, smoke, sanity, integration, usability, compatibility, user acceptance and regression testing).
- Hands-on experience with web/mobile automated testing tools by using (Selenium, Appium, XCodeUI).
- Experience with testing of RESTful web/mobile services using (POSTMAN, SOAPUI or other).
- Experience with performance testing (JMeter, NeoLoad).
- Experience with version control and CI / CD procedures and tools (Jenkins, CircleCI or other).
- Experience with mobile/web security testing by using (OWASP ZAP, Acunetix) would be a plus.
Why do insanely smart people from around the world give up traditional job ideas and instead come and work for MindValley
J-O-B is a dirty word. Work, we believe, needs to be fun, educational and something that makes you excited so much, that you jump out of bed each morning.
Screw the Traditional 9-5 Job. Instead, get paid to Play, Create, Learn and Grow. It’s like Being a Child Again. But with a Salary.
You'll be exposed to some of the best knowledge, people, and resources available anywhere - which you can apply to your own projects and become much more employable. Mindvalley is considered one of the top places in the world to work and has been written about in magazines, articles and on TV.
Here are some More Perks:
- An office that was voted one of the top ten Coolest Offices in the World in an Inc Magazine audience poll
- Our company is a 6 time winner of the World's Most Democratic Workplace Award
- Work on a team that's launching some of the most innovative and highest grossing apps on the iTunes store
- We have our own 150 seater Auditorium that hosts the best tech meetups in our city. Tons of growth and connection opps
- Annual trip to paradise island, a team of 100+ folks from 32 countries, killer growth opportunities, flexitime and more
- Plus, we'll give you a Macbook or PC laptop which you can take home and use on the weekends and after working hours.
Plus you'll enjoy flexible working hours, which fit into your life as you want them to - a competitive salary, and you'll get to work in a medium size, highly international team. You'll also get whatever hardware and software you need to ensure that you can play, create, learn, and grow more every day.
We're looking for people with a passion for technology, who want to have an impact and don't mind getting their hands dirty.
If this is you, don't delay - make sure you jump on this rare opportunity now, you may never get this chance again.
Your application must include:
- A resume in pdf format. Include into your resume the links to software, mobile apps, your coding samples, or your web designs and portfolio so we can see proof of your talents.
- Your completed application questionnaire.