As a Front-end Developer, you will likely have 2 to 5 years of relevant industry experience and a passion for web technology and it's counterpart - experience and aesthetics.
What is Mindvalley?
Mindvalley builds businesses that innovate on transformational education for all ages, through mediums that range from digital publishing, educational technology, e-learning, mobile apps, events and our own university. We stand for ideas that enable people to be extraordinary and impact lives, we focus on teaching what school forgot to teach you. Founded in 2003 by Vishen Lakhiani, we are a team of 200+ people from 40+ countries, working to pushing humanity forward through reforming global education. You'll be exposed to some of the best knowledge, people, and resources available anywhere. Mindvalley is considered one of the top places in the world to work and has been written about in magazines, articles and on TV.
About the Role
Your role requires collaboration with the design and web/product teams to build successful usable products. It is essential to be a team player, a thinker and have an open mind for constructive but supportive feedback.
Your core responsibility is to maintain and implement features, and work with seniors to build or enhance existing internal boilerplate and prototypes.
- Have the capacity to develop usable, responsive web apps based on mobile-first thinking methodologies.
- Be part of a team that builds and maintains frameworks that support a diverse array of web applications.
- Have the passion and hunger to figure out new technologies and continuously enhance your own skills.
- Genuinely interested in improving skills to meet technical quality standards.
- Willing to work with designers, developers, product owners and stakeholders to realize ideas and concepts.
- Have the capacity to figure out how things work, and how to iterate on solutions that are forward-thinking, responsive and scalable.
- Willing to work in agile and scrum environments.
- Constant thirst for learning and improvement.
- You are attached to problems you are presented with, not to the solutions.
- Capable of learning new front-end technologies.
- Ability to communicate in a team environment.
- A passion for front-end and web technology.
- Knowledge of semantic HTML5, CSS3 and web standards is a must.
- Knowledge of CSS preprocessors (SaSS, SCSS, LESS) is a must.
- Knowledge of mobile-first front-end development is a must.
- Knowledge of optimizing on front-end and performance is a bonus.
- Knowledge of version control is a bonus.
- Knowledge of web accessibility and automation tools is a bonus.
What you will learn in return
- Be involved in building a product from a scratch.
- Learn how to better solve design and front-end problems, improve your skills and have the opportunity to experiment on new methods or even dabble a little in back-end development if you wish.
- Learn how to work with a diverse array of people wearing different hats in building the grand vision of a product.
- Opportunity to learn from experienced product designers & front/back-end developers from hand-coded HTML, CSS and to other latest technologies.
Your application must include:
- A resume in pdf format. Include into your resume the links to software, mobile apps, your coding samples, or your web designs and portfolio so we can see proof of your talents.
- Your completed application questionnaire.