21 April 2017
We are looking for an editor that can help our Organic Traffic Team level up the rate and quality of content production.
Hello future colleague!
Long story short - We are producing articles for our blog that need to be optimised for search engines (don’t worry - we got this covered) and are a great read at the same time (you got this covered).
The amount of articles that we produce is huge - this is why you will not be writing most of the articles yourself, but rather manage the whole production. This includes managing writers and designers on a freelance basis. After managing the production, your experienced eye will be needed to proofread the articles, tweak them if needed and publish them to our blog.
One could call your future job “content designer”. Our SEO team will give you keywords or topics to cover and it will be part of your job to “design” a content piece that serves both the marketing and the quality needs of Mindvalley. Questions like “How can we teach this in the best way possible?” and “What are the reader's’ expectations?” need to be answered by you! But not to worry, there will be plenty of freedom for you to contribute your own ideas!
Meet your team!
- Taking ownership of content production for search engines on our blog
- Managing freelancers effectively
- Proofreading articles and maintaining MV’s overall quality standards
- Writing: Not your main role, but basic email and social media copy, as well as your own articles from time to time
- Publishing articles to our blog (Hubspot), making sure the UX is great
- Designing content, finding the perfect balance between quality and marketing needs
- We are looking for a native english speaker (or very very close to this)
- Writing experience (we will ask for your best pieces)
- A mind that is both creatively free and structurally well-organised
- High interest in SEO and Social Media (first experience is ideal)
- Strong communication skills in both a team and 1-on-1 conditions
Your performance will be measured by:
- The amount of published and optimised articles
- The quality of articles (measured by traffic, user behavior signals, comments...)
- Freelancer relationships (we are looking for long-term, win-win relationships)
Mindvalley builds businesses that innovate on transformational education for all ages, through mediums that range from digital publishing, educational technology, online learning, mobile apps, content, events and more. We stand for ideas that enable people to be extraordinary and impact lives. Founded in 2003 by Vishen Lakhiani, we are a team of 200+ people from 40+ countries, working across a wide range of inter-related businesses that are dedicated towards pushing humanity forward through reforming global education.
You'll be exposed to some of the best knowledge, people, and resources available anywhere. Mindvalley is considered one of the top places in the world to work and has been written about in magazines, articles and on TV.
Apply for this Position
Your application must include:
- Your resume in PDF format. Include links to work samples such as software, designs, or writing you have created so we can see proof of your talents.
- Your video cover letter. Record yourself speaking in a 3-minute video and upload it to YouTube. Tell us about your mission in life and how you grow yourself each day on the path towards it. How does Mindvalley fit into that journey?