As one of our Course Creation Specialists, you are responsible for the content of Mindvalley’s courses. You work with authors and different teams across Mindvalley to ensure it is well-organized and in line with Mindvalley's brand and standards.
Mindvalley builds businesses that innovate on transformational education for all ages, through mediums that range from digital publishing, educational technology, online learning, mobile apps, content, events and more. We stand for ideas that enable people to be extraordinary and impact lives. Founded in 2003 by Vishen Lakhiani, we are a team of 200+ people from 40+ countries, working across a wide range of inter-related businesses that are dedicated to pushing humanity forward through reforming global education.
You'll be exposed to some of the best knowledge, people, and resources available anywhere. Mindvalley is considered one of the top places in the world to work and has been written about in magazines, articles and on TV.
About the Position
Are you so passionate about personal growth to the point of it being an obsession? Do you want to be on the forefront of changing the global education? Do you strongly feel that your purpose in life is to empower and inspire others to unleash their fullest potential? Then this is the job for you.
We create self-improvement courses for the mobile generation. We believe that extraordinary is an aspiration instilled within each and every one of us. We just need to be encouraged to unleash that potential, so we can eliminate limiting beliefs that are hindering us from pursuing our dreams and adopt a powerful mindset that unlocks a life that we are truly capable of living.
As part of the Course Creation Team, you’ll get to learn more about personal development than anyone else. You will also have access to the personal development courses already on our platform.
The most enjoyable part of being a Course Creation Specialist is that you'll get your creative juices flowing every day, creating innovative and holistic personal development courses for the world -- everything from Business to Spirituality to Fitness.
You will also get to work with the biggest authors in the personal development industry. Just try not to get star struck.
- Develop a strong understanding of the products, competition, industry, marketing goals and objectives of each of the courses you create.
- Participate in author calls and product planning meetings.
- Use the data provided to make the course content.
- Develop benchmarks and goals for each course and ensure they are reached.
- Create content for online courses: training materials, exercises and workbooks.
- Produce onsite copy, product descriptions, guides and other content as required.
- Main outcome of the role: Content Creator must understand research data, market requirements, subject/topic, and curriculum. They collaborate with the author in order to use their expertise to create quality training materials that accomplish the learning goals of the course.
- Impeccable writing and editorial skills.
- Knowledge of how to deliver a training using words, images, audio & video, and an understanding of how to create engaging content.
- The ability to think like an educator, intuitively understanding what the learner needs to know and how they want to consume it.
- An understanding of new technology and how tech can influence or deliver more effectively a training.
- Interested in continuously learning about the latest content creation techniques, educational platforms and training solutions.
- Creative, organized, and innovative.
- Excellent time management skills – able to work towards tight deadlines, manage multiple project at a time, prioritize, able to see the bigger picture and formulate a strategic plan to get there.
- Ability to take direction while working with minimal supervision.
- Familiar understanding of technical aspects of programs to create a balance between content quality and optimization.
- Basic editing skills for audio and video. Willingness to learn new skills.
- Background in any of the following will be considered a plus: Education, Publishing (Books, Ebooks creation), Self-Publish (Books, Ebooks creation), Content Creation (Training Materials, Blog Writing).
- The following items are considered a plus in terms of adjusting and being a perfect fit with the Course Creation Team's culture, day to day engagement and activities:
- An insatiable thirst for learning, improvement and personal development.
- Lifelong learning as a personal goal.
- A voracious reader.
- Skeptical, critical and analytical thinking.
- Direct and open conversation.
Your application must include:
- Your resume in PDF format. Include links to work samples such as software, designs, or writing you have created so we can see proof of your talents.
- Your video cover letter. Record yourself speaking in a 3-minute video and upload it to YouTube. Tell us about your mission in life and how you grow yourself each day on the path towards it. How does Mindvalley fit into that journey?