We are looking for a uniting force behind our content strategy. As our Chief Editor, you have to be a personal growth junkie and just KNOW which pieces of content will resonate with the world at which time. This role will define the future of Mindvalley's impact - are you up to the challenge?
Mindvalley builds businesses that innovate on transformational education for all ages, through mediums that range from digital publishing, educational technology, online learning, mobile apps, content, events and more. We stand for ideas that enable people to be extraordinary and impact lives. Founded in 2003 by Vishen Lakhiani, we are a team of 200+ people from 40+ countries, working across a wide range of inter-related businesses that are dedicated towards pushing humanity forward through reforming global education.
You'll be exposed to some of the best knowledge, people, and resources available anywhere. Mindvalley is considered one of the top places in the world to work and has been written about in magazines, articles and on TV.
About the Role
Mindvalley as an education company is all about content. We generate for our subscribers, our users, our fans, and use various channels such as email, social media, notifications, mobile to to provide the best learning experience and journey for our audience.
We sit on a vast archive of video and audio content from many of the world's leading teachers and best-selling authors. The aim is to KNOW which pieces of content will best resonate with the world at what time. A speech by Author X may be 120 mins. But a great editor will be able to identify the 5 min snippet that will go viral on the web.
Your role is also to make sure that the right content is being produced, with the best quality based on Mindvalley’s standards and guidelines, and ensure that each content is going out to the right audience, at the right time, through the right channel of communication to produce the highest amount of value for our audience.
- Direct content creation of blog posts, podcasts, content videos, articles to make sure they fit MV standards and have the qualities needed for viral organic growth of MV’s members and for the right channel (mobile, social media, video, youtube, etc).
- Manage content writers and other content creators (internal and external).
- Manage Content Strategy for Mindvalley - Priorities, Projects, and Stakeholders.
- Create, Update, and Enforce Content Standards and DNA across the company.
- Work very closely with Creative Director and other stakeholders in content production strategy.
- Work very closely with marketing leaders to align content strategy with growth strategy.
- Coordinate Content Creation Projects.
- Represent Mindvalley in external activities, events, etc. that are relevant.
- Manage the editorial/content calendar of Mindvalley - what goes out, when, where and through which channels.
- Occasionally travel to conferences like A-Fest to sit in front of authors on stage and identify content snippets that can go viral and conduct backstage interviews for additional viral footage.
- A breadth of Online Marketing knowledge and experience - SEO, content production, blogs, social media, mobile marketing, podcasts, youtube, —> you know what sells, what sticks, what goes viral and are up to date on the latest trends on content marketing.
- Ninja level Project Management.
- You LIVE and BREATHE Personal Growth - and are an expert in the field and have a deep understanding and knowledge of the industry and it’s various fields —> Yoga, Meditation, Spirituality, Biohacking, Health and Wellness, etc ... you’re basically a nerd for all of these.
- You’re a fan of Mindvalley and you know what we stand for, who we are, our mission, and know how to walk, talk, and represent us in public.
- You are multi-talented and like to get your hands dirty. You can do a variety of activities related to content production - roll up your sleeves and do things such as writing, help in shooting videos, recording podcasts, etc. Nothing is too “dirty” for you to not roll up your sleeves and jump in the action.
Performance will be measured by:
- Growth of members and subscribers through content activities. Example: Facebook engagement and fan growth.
Your application must include:
- Your resume in PDF format. Include links to work samples such as software, designs, or writing you have created so we can see proof of your talents.
- Your video cover letter. Record yourself speaking in a 3-minute video and upload it to YouTube. Tell us about your mission in life and how you grow yourself each day on the path towards it. How does Mindvalley fit into that journey?