8 June 2017
We’re seeking an experienced Android Developer who can create and design mobile applications for Android platforms.
Mindvalley builds businesses that innovate on transformational education for all ages, through mediums that range from digital publishing, educational technology, online learning, mobile apps, content, events and more. We stand for ideas that enable people to be extraordinary and impact lives. Founded in 2003 by Vishen Lakhiani, we are a team of 200 people from 40 countries, working across a wide range of inter-related businesses that are dedicated towards pushing humanity forward through reforming global education.
In addition to having excellent technical skills, you have a keen interest in the latest technologies and have a feel for user experience. You’ll be responsible for building exciting applications and implementing flows and mock ups as provided by UX and Design teams. Apart from having the ability to write fast and clean code with great attention to detail, you also come up with solutions and suggestions for improvement as you will be working closely with Product Development and Marketing teams.
Tech at Mindvalley
Due to the unique environment that Mindvalley has in terms of having its own ecosystem of applications that support the business, working with us in a technical role is a great challenge.
We generally look for attitude over aptitude when it comes to technical skills, a history of proven execution and excellent root cause analysis problem solving skills are things that we value highly.
We predominantly build apps with an nginx, Unicorn, Ruby, Redis and PostgreSQL architecture on Linode so experience with any of these will be valuable to us.
The technical ecosystem is both interesting and broad covering systems that deal with:
- Payment processing (both check-out and backend)
- Media streaming (live and repeated)
- Serving websites to large audiences (high concurrency)
- In-house customer service tools
- Financial reporting
- Shipping & logistics
- E-mail handling (sign-ups, cohort analysis etc)
- Authentication, identification & user data collection/analysis
- In-house Textile based CMS for large number of sites
Any technical role will provide a good mix of development work, systems thinking, problem solving, business analysis with a large dose of teamwork.
We run functional teams based on the SCRUM methodology and are a fairly Agile environment, with 2 week sprints and teams with a minimum of 2 developers (preferably 3) plus a Platform Owner. Sprints cannot be interrupted and work is planned out well in advance to keep stress down to a minimum.
We have a focus on scalability, stability and code quality and we use tools such as Circle-CI and Code Climate to help with that.
Other stuff we do/you will encounter:
- Line by line code reviews for every pull request on Github, this maintains code quality and keeps everyone in the loop & learning.
- At least 2 people working together on every project (collaborating not pairing)
- Full test coverage for everything important
- Constant learning (we have learn days, and unlimited book budget, conference/training budget etc.)
Seeking an Awesome Android Developer who can craft awesome native Android Apps.
In addition to having excellent technical skills, you have a keen interest in the latest technologies and have a feel for user experience.
You are more than just a developer, someone who understands that a great app must do great things yet is simple and intuitive. You are pixel-perfect, knowing that a pixel to the right is not merely a pixel to the right. You understand that an organized code with the well-applied design patterns will make a difference. You are fascinated about technology and eager to learn everything you can, applying the coolest and most amazing techniques there are. You add a "magic touch" that will dazzle your users.
You'll be responsible for building exciting applications and implementing flows and mock-ups provided by UX and Design teams. Apart from having the ability to write performant and clean code with great attention to detail, you also contribute with solutions and suggestions for improvement as you work closely with Product Development and Marketing teams.
Being one of our talented developers, you'll have an opportunity to learn and grow, and be a key part of creating our products. Check out http://www.omvana.com and http://www.dormioapp.com for our latest releases. Omvana is One of the Top 20 Health and Fitness Apps in the USA Apple Store.
Why do insanely smart people from around the world give up traditional job ideas and instead come and work for MindValley
J-O-B is a dirty word. Work, we believe, needs to be fun, educational and something that makes you excited so much, that you jump out of bed each morning.
Screw the Traditional 9-5 Job. Instead, get paid to Play, Create, Learn and Grow. It’s like Being a Child Again. But with a Salary.
You'll be exposed to some of the best knowledge, people, and resources available anywhere - which you can apply to your own projects and become much more employable. Mindvalley is considered one of the top places in the world to work and has been written about in magazines, articles and on TV.
Here are some More Perks:
- An office that was voted one of the top ten Coolest Offices in the World in an Inc Magazine audience poll
- Our company is a 6 time winner of the World's Most Democratic Workplace Award
- Work on a team that's launching some of the most innovative and highest grossing apps on the iTunes store
- We have our own 150 seater Auditorium that hosts the best tech meetups in our city. Tons of growth and connection opps
- Annual trip to paradise island, a team of 100+ folks from 32 countries, killer growth opportunities, flexitime and more
- Plus, we'll give you a Macbook or PC laptop which you can take home and use on the weekends and after working hours.
Plus you'll enjoy flexible working hours, which fit into your life as you want them to - a competitive salary, and you'll get to work in a medium size, highly international team. You'll also get whatever hardware and software you need to ensure that you can play, create, learn, and grow more every day.
We're looking for people with a passion for technology, who want to have an impact and don't mind getting their hands dirty.
If this is you, don't delay - make sure you jump on this rare opportunity now, you may never get this chance again.